Thanks Lexydragonfly for nominating me for this Liebster Award! Yes, it’s a little bit like a chain letter, so click away now if you’re not interested but I think it’s a fun way to find out about other blogs and a great way to help each other get our messages out to a wider audience 🙂 So, I answer some questions set by Lexy Dragonfly then I nominate some people, set them some questions and we all get to learn a bit more about each other.
1. What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?
“No offense but…”, “In the nicest possible way…”
Saying these things does not give you carte blanche to be as offensive, rude or insensitive as you like!
2. What movie or TV show had the most profound felt on you and why?
The English Patient makes me cry every time. It’s a tail of bravery, kindness and pure selflessness that we just don’t see day to day. I hate war, it’s stories like this that show us the human aspect of why war is not the answer and never will be.
3. What are you interested in that most people aren’t?
The movement to raise mental health awareness is growing pretty big but most people out there still think it isn’t relevant to them. Within the mental health world, were all singing the same tune but I’m desperate for the other 3/4 people who don’t think it will touch them to wake and realize it will, at some point!
4. When did something start off badly for you but in the end, it was great?
Bit of an odd one, maybe. When I got divorced, not only was I seriously unwell but I actually thought my life was over. Turns out, my soul mate was just waiting for me, for the right time and now I’m more happy than I’ve ever been (with a new husband!)
5. What are you curious about?
The human mind, we know so little about it!
6. Would you rather live in the country or the city? Why?
I’d definitely rather live in the country, I love open views and space. I also love the village community life.
7. What brings you comfort and calm?
Stroking my cats. Being wrapped in our massive blanket.
8. If you were going to bury a time capsule, what would you put in it?
I have no idea! I guess, photos and some basic tech, maybe a cassette! Over time, it’s how we look and technology that changes the most.
9. Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
It’s simple really, in order to get better from mental illness, I had to be more mindful, not just in the practice of mindfulness but in the everyday, noticing how I was feeling, being aware of triggers, being careful of my impact on others. And I consider myself not just a survivor of mental illness but of the mental health system, it was not and is not working well, at times I was driven to despair, not only through my illness but because the support that should have been there just wasn’t. So I consider myself a Mindful Survivor 🙂
Living Past Depression
Fighting The Demon Anorexia
My Quiet Roar
Please answer these questions:
- What made you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite quote and why?
- If you could meet anyone (including history and fiction) who would it be and why?
- What makes you cry?
- How do you celebrate?
- Roller coasters or country walk? Or both?
It’s just a bit of fun!