The soup is wonderfully filling, packet full of flavour and incredibly satisfying.
- 1 (red) onion, diced
- 20g butter (or 1 tbsp oil to make vegan)
- Large (about 250g) sweet potato, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Half butternut squash, diced
- 1.5 tbsp bouillon (or other stock)
- 0.5-1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5-1 tsp nutmeg
- Gently fry the onion in the butter in a large saucepan until translucent.
- Add the carrots and sweet potato and stir over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, bouillon, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour enough boiling water into the pan to cover the vegetables plus an inch. Bring the water back to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Once all vegetables are soft, use hand blender to whizz until smooth.
Makes 1.2 litres (serves 3-4)